Recovering from disordered eating can sometimes look like a long winding road – taking several dips, turns and detours along the way.
We designed the Healthy diets Out Patient Eating disorder (HOPE) Program to help guide you on this journey. In the HOPE program you walk your path with one of our registered dietitians who can help you foresee potholes and warning signs that may turn into larger detours. You will be treated with compassion regardless of where you are in this journey and challenged to make improvements to your overall health and well-being.
The HOPE Program treatment philosophy is centered around
Maintaining nutritional balance, implementing healthy eating and exercise habits and changing destructive behaviors. We work alongside your outpatient treatment team to gain insight and coping skills for underlying emotional psychological issues. We believe that eating and exercise disorders can result in full recovery where the individual can resume a normal healthy relationship to food and activity. Our sessions focus on all things related to self-care, food and nutrition with a compassionate approach uniquely tailored to meet the needs of each individual.
The HOPE Program includes
- A 90 minute individual session, followed by 4, 60 minute weekly sessions, and then additional follow-ups as determined by your dietitian
- Assessment of current nutritional status
- Analysis of food patterns/behaviors
- Education surrounding the body’s nutritional needs
- Building intuitive eating skills to recognize the body’s hunger and fullness cues
- Replacing rigid food rituals with mindful eating practices
- Conquering food fears and challenges
- Individualized meal planning
- Restaurant meals – these are a “dutch treat”
- Individual grocery tours
- Meal/snack challenges and meal support
- Coordination of professional services with other recovery team members (physician, therapist, psychiatrist, etc.)
- Family and email support along the way
To find out more information or to schedule an appointment contact our patient liaison at:
919-870-1001 ext 112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org