Recovering from disordered eating can sometimes look like a long winding road – taking several dips, turns and detours along the way.
Walk that path with one of our registered dietitians who can help you foresee potholes and warning signs that may turn into larger detours. You will be treated with compassion regardless of where you are in this journey and challenged to make improvements to your overall health and well-being.
Our treatment philosophy includes
Maintaining nutritional balance, implementing healthy eating and exercise habits and changing destructive behaviors. We work alongside your outpatient treatment team to gain insight and coping skills for underlying emotional psychological issues. We believe that eating and exercise disorders can result in full recovery where the individual can resume a normal healthy relationship to food and activity. Our sessions focus on all things related to self-care, food and nutrition with a compassionate approach uniquely tailored to meet the needs of each individual.
Initial Sessions Include
- 60 minute individual session
- Coordination of professional services with other recovery team members (physician, therapist, psychiatrist, etc.)
- Family and email support along the way
- Assessment of current anthropometric and nutritional status
- Individualized meal planning
- Homework assignments: goal setting and weekly challenges targeted to help you advance in your recovery journey.
Follow Up Sessions can Include
- 30–60 minute individual session
- Coordination of care
- Education surrounding the body’s nutritional needs
- Building intuitive eating skills to recognize the body’s hunger and fullness cues
- Replacing rigid food rituals with mindful eating practices
- Conquering food fears and challenges
- Individualized meal planning, fine-tuning and evaluation of food diary
- Restaurant meals – these are a “dutch treat”
- Individual grocery tours
- Meal/snack challenges and meal support
To schedule an appointment
Call 919-870-1001 or email email@example.com